Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice Blog

Outline

I. All about me
A. Where I live and grew up
B. Famiy
C. Education Major
D. Why South Alabama

II. Why become an educator
A. Childhood memories of being a teacher
B. High school confirmation about major
C. Giving back to the students

III. What educators do in their practice
A. Teaching
B. Mentoring
C. Creating

IV. My passions
A. God and family
B. Creation of beautiful artwork
C. Helping others learn

V. Other facts about me
A. Work details
B. Fire department

Hi everyone, my name is Shira Bell. I was born and raised in the city of Mobile, Alabama. I have never live anywhere else but, at the same time, I'm not opposed to the idea. I have a lovey daughter who is four years old. Also, am one of seven sibling and I fall directly in the center with three older siblings and three younger. Life growing up was always interesting and exciting with a such large family. There was never a dull moment. The most amazing part about it is that I am the only one of my six siblings that is currently deciding to further my education. By completing my degree, I would be the first in my family to receive a college degree higher than an associates.
Becoming a teacher is the reason that I am at the University Of South Alabama. My degree is Secondary education in language arts. Upon graduating from Satsuma High school, I went straight on to Faulkner State Community college and completed my associates degree. After graduating from there, I was in the process of transferring to South when I found out that I was going to have my daughter. I decided to take a year off which ending up being almost five years. Now, I'v been back in school at South for one year and I plan to complete my goal of graduating and becoming an educator.
I would like to be an educator because before I knew that I wanted be an educator, I was educating. As a child, I would always play school with my brothers and sisters and I always wanted to be the teacher. If I could not be the teacher, I would not play. So, to keep me happy, they would always let be the teacher. Later on, in high school, I had an awesome english teacher that just confirmed for me that teaching was the path for me. The students need great teachers that really care about their success as a person. I would be the one giving them their confidence to be whatever they put their minds to.
An educators work in the 21st century is in many ways the same concept it has always been just with technology added. It consist of being an outstanding teacher. You are not just teaching you're mentoring also. Teacher should help with creativity of the students minds.
My passions are very simple with God and family being first on my list. I love spending quality time at church and also with my family for Sunday dinners. Art work is a gift form God that I love to do in my spare time. No, this artwork was not done by me, but it's a perfect example of my passion.
Photo by: www.moyuc.com
I have been told that I talk too much but I just like helping other understand and see things from different points of views.
Just some other fun things about me is that I work part time as a shoes salesperson at Dillard's.I was also was on, and loved very much, the volunteer fire department for three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment