Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blog Post 5

PLN’s What are they?

A personal learning Network (PLN) is a combination of people and tools to help you with any inquiries you may have. It’s like a huge support system to help you succeed with your journey of being an educator. You can collaborate and consult with others for anything that you may need. A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment is a good video for what a PLN actually looks like. All the people and tools that is needed for success is located in one handy spot. You are able to set up and connect with whoever you may like.

PLN’s can help you as a teacher in many different ways. You can chat with other teachers from around the world and get some great ideas on different ways of teaching the classroom. They also help with you being able to attend teacher conferences without having to leave where you are. The video where Michael Fawcett Discusses his PLN gives us some insight as to how teachers can benefit from having PLN’s. I know that I would be able to benefit from a PLN in many different ways as well after watching this video. A PLN will definitely help me in my journey to be an aspiring and game changing educator.

PLN’s are formed by an area of subject matter that speaks to you that you may have questions about. You set out on a quest to answer any questions that you may have concerning that matter. You can start with popular network sites like twitter and facebook. From those you just want to keep digging, searching, and chatting to get to find what it is that you are looking to receive.
I can create my own PLN by starting my search for things that interest me. I can start by following and asking questions to teachers to get a better insight to what I wish to know. There is also a website where I can store all my findings and keep all my information in one spot on the website called symbaloo.

The first person have already added to my PLN is Dr. Strange. I will also add some of my other teachers that I have had and some from around the world. I will also start using a new site to me which is called delicious. I look forward to using my PLN to expand my horizons.

differnt network sites

1 comment:

  1. Everything you wrote are things that I completely agree with! I will be using twitter and facebook as well, great post!

    ReplyDelete