Saturday, September 27, 2014

C4K Summary

The first student that I was assigned to was, Flora, a year eight student that attends Pt England in Auckland, NZ. Flora's blog post was about a book called Venus Bay. She had read the book and was giving us a summary of what she had read. She thought that the book was a great book for kids. She also gave some good idea of what the characters were like in the book.
I commented that she did a great job on telling us about the book Venus Bay. I informed her that it was not a book that I had not read but it did sound like it was a great one for kids to read. I told Flora all about how, when I was here age, I loved to read books. Also that I would read them for fun. At the end of the post I asked her if she liked to read books for fun as well.

The second student that I had was Kaitlin in Ms. Horst's 5-1 class. Kaitlin's blog was about problem solving and being a mathematician. She wrote down some steps that a person should go through to solve any math problem that they may have. With a math problem, you should always understand the question. A plan needs to be made to solve it. The work needs to be done. The work should be doubled checked and explained at the end.
I wrote back that I thought she had done a great job on listing the steps to problem solving. Her chart was very helpful as to the steps to follow. I agreed with her that without going through the correct process, it would be hard to do anything. I told her that when I was her age I had a kite and I did not follow the steps to putting it together correctly. When I was done, it would not fly. Also I asked if she had something that wouldn't work for her because she did not followed the steps.

My third student was Erika in Mr. Salsich's class. In Erika's blog she wrote about being very excited that she was going to have a sleepover with her best friend Alex this weekend. She talked about all the fun things that she had planned to do with her friend. She also talked about where she had met her best friend as well. Erika felt very lucky to have a good friend like Alex.
I wrote her back that her sleepover sounded very exciting and that she did a great job on listing what she planned to do for that weekend. The way that she talked about the sleepover made me want to have one myself. It also reminded me of the sleepovers that I used to have when I was a kid. I told her, when I was her age, I would plan what I was going to do with my friends for the next time as soon as one sleepover ended. I asked her if she does the same.
you can make a difference


No comments:

Post a Comment