Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T Summary


Jeff Utecht is the name of the teacher that I left a comment for on his blog post. In Jeff's blog called Learning @ Learning 2 he talked about the conferences that he hosted and how he changed the way that the conferences operated. He lets the teachers work together in groups like the students would do in project based learning. This way of operating the conferences gave the teachers a better understanding of the material than they would have gotten form just listening to people speak. Jeff is changing the way that his conferences are being held and it’s working out for the better.

I responded to Jeff's post by letting him know that he was doing a wonderful job with the way that he was conducting his conferences. I told him that I understood how the teachers could learn and get more out of the conferences by working together in small groups. I also told him about the class that I was taking and we have been learning all about project based learning. I encouraged him to keep up the good work with the conferences that he has been preparing.

In Jeff's next post called Online Learning Research, Jeff talks about the good online research from the bad. He also talks about how online learning can promote a deeper understanding of learning. He believes that learning should be taught through a community and not through a teacher. Jeff would like to get more classes involved with this way of learning.

I responded to Jeff by letting him know that his post was very educational and correct. I told him that it is hard for some people to see that learning through a community is the best way of learning. I brought up the class that we are taking now. I informed him that I have never had a class where I learned so much. Also, in the class, we were learning all about project based learning which is the same thing that he was referring to in his blog post. I ended with telling him that I hope everyone gets to learn from the same type of learning that I have in the class that I’m taking now.

teachers make all the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment