Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T summary


The first teacher that I commented on was Ms. She. In her blog called You Got Snapped, she talked about how one of her students snapped a picture of her during the inquiry learning time that they have. She was telling the students how to leave a comment on other student’s blog post when her student showed her the picture she had taken of Ms. She. Ms. She looked at the photo and thought it was a great one and gave the student a compliment. Ms. She had only given the student some guidance and the student went off on her own and took such a great picture. The student had taken the opportunity to be creative and not just do what everyone else was doing. The student was demonstrating what Ms. She had been trying to teach them.

I told Ms. She that I found her story to be very inspirational. Her students feel free to do those things because of her encouraging them to explore. I told her that I could tell that she was a great educator because of the reaction from her student. I informed her that she seemed to be the type to be easy for her students to approach. I let her know that teacher really do play a big part in their students’ lives. I urged her to keep making a difference.

The second teacher that I commented on was Royan Lee. His blog post called Compassion Over Empathy. Royan is arguing that compassion is better than empathy. He believes that empathy only lets you include the people who you like or have feelings for. Compassion includes everyone that’s what makes it so much better. You are not just picking and choosing who you would like to help. Everyone gets helped the same. Equity is best achieved by showing compassion to everyone.

My response was that I did not really pay attention to the deference between the two that much, but I was able to see why he said that after reading his post. I told him that compassion is the one that I would put to be the better in my point of view. I informed him that I could see how more people could benefit from showing compassion. No one would get left out.

the spicy teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment